Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dior Acapulco + Lush Lacquer Hey Jack!

Hello!

Sorry a thousand times for being so slack with my blog. Life etc has gotten in the way a bit and while I have painted my nails I haven't had time to post them here.

This is Dior Acapulco, a warm, primary yellow creme. I'm not generally one to spend $39 on a single bottle of polish but I've been hunting for a decent yellow and decided to treat myself - this is my first "premium" polish :) For this manicure I first painted my nails white (with Face of Australia's Cool Cotton) so that I wouldn't have any visible nail line - I believe Acapulco is slightly jelly-like on its own. I used three coats of Acapulco to get a completely even finish as it streaked slightly on the first two coats. With three coats though it's nice and even and dries very shiny.

Three coats of Acapulco over white with top coat.

A day after applying this manicure I went to visit my parents and I had a package waiting for me - with nail polish in it! And not just any old polish, but two gorgeous colours from Lush Lacquer! My gorgeous cousin Bek had ordered them for me for my birthday. I had two try out Hey Jack! straight away. Hey Jack! is from the halloween collection and is a mix of tiny hex and bar white glitter, different sized black hex glitter, small shiny orange hexes, and medium matte orange hexes. This is one dabbled coat on my ring finger, and I think the colours go really nicely with the yellow, even though it's not halloween anymore. I might try this over Revlon Royal next time :)

One dabbled coat of Hey Jack! on ring finger.
The formula on Hey Jack! was excellent, not thick or gloopy at all and packed with glitter, I didn't have to fish for any of the glitters to get them all on my nail. It does dry quite textured and needs either a really thick top coat like Gelous (which I don't have but am going to buy) or multiple layers of top coat.

Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment