Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Essie Sand of a Beach

Today I have my first Essie to show you!

I went to Adelaide for my sister's birthday a couple of weeks ago and went into one of those fragrance/cosmetic clearance stores (I'm sure it's a chain and they have a name, but I cannot remember it, sorry!). They had a few brands of polish, mostly Revlon, Maybelline and Sally Hansen, then I spied a little bin of Essies right up the back. I got a mini cube set and two full sized bottles, and today I am showing Sand of a Beach.


Sand of a Beach is a fairly neutral, perhaps ever-so-slightly yellow-leaning nude, with a gorgeous pink shimmer/pearl which refuses to show up in my photos :( It's quite subtle, and sort of appears as a flash depending on the viewing angle.


This polish is quite sheer and I used three coats (and top coat) to get it fully opaque, but this would probably work well as a one-coater for a French Manicure. It's a lovely work appropriate polish and the formula was great - smooth, runny but not too watery, and easy to apply. I think I'll have to start hunting down more Essies!

Robyn x

1 comment:

  1. Was it ChemistWarehouse? they have lots of clearance bins of stuff)) This is a very nice nude

    ReplyDelete