Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ulta3 Pale Dahlia + OPI A Grape Fit

Hello!

Firstly, apologies for my ravaged cuticles. I've recently begun swimming before work a few days a week, and the chlorine is playing havoc with my skin. Might be time to finally splurge on a jar of Lemony Flutter!

Today's manicure is a konadicure with Ulta3 Pale Dahlia and OPI A Grape Fit.


As with Soft Hydrangea, Pale Dahlia was a PITA to apply, even more so. This was four ridiculously gloppy and uncooperative coats. I think a dose of thinner is required here. The shimmer in this is more noticeable than in Soft Hydrangea, but I'm not totally in love with the colour - I don't think these pale, fairy floss pinks really suit me. I stamped over with OPI a Grape Fit to try and hide some of the unevenness in the polish, which I think also made it look nicer. A Grape Fit is not a great stamping polish - as you can see it's very sheer and kind of patchy - but I actually liked the look, it looks sort of soft and antiqued.

Unfortunately I badly dinged two of the nails on my right hand about half an hour after doing this while trying my hair up (I think the four coats of PD were still soft) so this came off the same day I put it on.

Robyn x

1 comment: